Monday, April 11, 2011

preparing for the end...

Guilt, it is amazing what it does to people.....
for me it is forcing me to start blogging and sharing my life with you all again. Since my kindle/ purse was stolen a month ago in Tel Aviv, I have started reading blogs. I mean i REALLY read them. I get so excited to see them be updated. I follow blogs of strangers whom i feel like I am getting to know. The author of my all time favorite book: Jamie Zeppa, just started blogging. I get obsessive over the authors that I read. I feel like they are my best friends. There are other blogs that I follow, blogs written by other teachers who are working in countries that are not their own. I get so much out of reading their stories. I get upset when they don't update daily. and then I realize I myself haven't blogged in over a year. I need to start writing again, if only just to keep a record of my amazing life here.
I am planning to leave the Holy Land in June. Six or so weeks from now, I will be getting on a plane and going back to the States for the summer. I am ready in some ways. Nothing bad has happened, but i feel like it might be a good thing to go at the top of my game here instead of waiting for things to fall apart. It just feels like it is time. I never thought I would have stayed for 2 and a half years. It feels like such a short time, however these have been the most action packed two and a half years of my life. There have been so many UPs and so many DOWNs. I am tired.
I don't know how I am going to say goodbye to everyone here. More than anywhere else that I have lived, this feels like HOME. I feel like the people in my life here are my family, but at the end of the day, they aren't. Palestine and Israel, really isn't my home. Because of the situation, I would never be able to peacefully settle down here. Like so many people who have come here before me, I will just have to love this land from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment