Saturday, August 15, 2009

first day back

Today was my first day back at work and it was enlightening.
I called Abeer who I thought was suppose to be my new boss. She didn't know anything about me working for her. She had been told that I was back at the elementary school. We talked for a while and she said that she wanted me to be one of her regular full time teachers with one class but i told her that I wasn't Montessori certified. So she said I should come in and teach the kids English. So i went to the elementary school to finish up my files from the summer school and to talk to lana to figure out what my role at the school is. Lana told me that the school needed to find 10,000 dollars a month in revenue from an after school program and that she wanted me to start and run that.
So now i am researching and figuring out programs we could run.
One of the programs that I am researching is to take the kids on field trips all around Isreal. Once the kids turn 16 they need permits to go out side of Palestine. The reality depending on the day (and the political situation) is that they usually need permits to leave Nablus. It could be a huge draw to parents to have their kids go on trips that they won't be able to go on later and trips the parents can't take them on themselves.

It should be interesting...

Today was also an interesting lesson on who i can trust in the staff and who is already a back stabber...
more on that later

1 comment: