Wednesday, October 28, 2009

all packed and ready to go

I got the job in Ramallah!!!!

and with my new principal's help, I found housing there too!!! For the first month at least, I am going to be living in the Anglican Church's home for their missionaries. From what I could tell today, it is a guest house that is also used as a hotel... It should be interesting. I kinda think it just might be my kind of place, where there are always random people passing through for me to socialize with!

I feel good about staying here in Palestine for now. My main motivation to stay is Safwan, but i also feel like i have gotten very figuratively beat up here and I don't want to give up on it yet. I am not down for the count, inshallah.

So first things first I am off to Egypt tomorrow. My bus leaves from Jerusalem at 8:30AM and i have not a clue how i am going to get there. I don't know if buses around here run at 6am or if i can even find a taxi to go there. It was suppose to be figured out for me by the school but, well...... it wasn't.

the other thing they were suppose to figure out was my pay, which they did. but they forgot to reimburse me the 140 shekels for the expenses in dealing with Jared, the teacher we had to take to the mental hospital. So now i have several hundred dollars in US dollars and only 16 shekels to my name, which obviously isn't enough.
just one more drama to add to the list.....

then the next hurdle is getting over the boarder. Israel has the hardest exit immigration in the world. I am going to have to start working on my story to why i have been here for so long. I am absolutely not allowed to mention the real work that I do... Usually I tell them i am here to study to become a nun. They ask me about all the convents I have visited and I start listing them. Of course i visited them in my first two weeks here with the tour that I was on with my grandparents. but no one needs to know that.

then getting into egypt should be a problem, but i need to get my passport renewed, and that might be a challenge. One of my least favorite places in the world to have to go to are the American embassies. They are always swarming with people and it takes hours to even be seen.

and then the drama will be getting back into Israel....

i need to got sleep and worry about these things in the morning.

good night for now!

knowing that I should be back in Palestine in a week, and that my coworkers Jess, Kaitlin and Curtis, whom I adore, are letting me keep my things here till i return made packing a million times easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment